Eleven film and television projects from 21st Century Fox businesses received nominations for the 29th Annual GLAAD Media Awards. The awards honor media and entertainment for fair, accurate, and inclusive representations of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer community (LGBTQ), as well as the issues that affect their lives. The winners will be announced at two ceremonies: one in Los Angeles on April 12 and another in New York on May 5.
The full list of nominations for 21CF businesses are:
- Outstanding Film – Wide Release: Battle of the Sexes (Fox Searchlight)
- Outstanding Film – Wide Release: The Shape of Water (Fox Searchlight)
- Outstanding Comedy Series: Brooklyn Nine-Nine (FOX)
- Outstanding Comedy Series: Modern Family (Twentieth Century Fox Television)
- Outstanding Comedy Series: One Mississippi (FX Productions)
- Outstanding Drama Series: Star (FOX)
- Outstanding Drama Series: This Is Us (Twentieth Century Fox Television)
- Outstanding Individual Episode: “Chapter 8,” Legion (FX)
- Outstanding TV Movie or Limited Series: American Horror Story: Cult (FX)
- Outstanding TV Movie or Limited Series: Feud: Bette and Joan (FX)
- Outstanding Documentary: Gender Revolution: A Journey with Katie Couric (National Geographic)
“What people see in the media has a powerful impact on how they treat others and the GLAAD Media Awards raise the bar for media to tell LGBTQ stories that accelerate acceptance,” said GLAAD President & CEO Sarah Kate Ellis. “This year’s nominees showcase stories that span races, genres, ages, and geographies, challenge misconceptions, and broaden understanding and acceptance of LGBTQ people across the globe.”
In addition to a strong showing among 21CF’s new films and television series, this year’s awards also include the ninth consecutive nomination for Modern Family, which won the Outstanding Comedy Series category both in 2011 and 2012. FOX’s Brooklyn Nine-Nine also received its fifth consecutive nomination this year.