Fox Television Studios has committed themselves to incorporating green policies into the actual strike or breakdown of their shows through practical, environmentally friendly solutions. They coordinate the sale, trade, donation and/or recycle of all sets, props, set dressing and wardrobe from a show – and are proud to report that since 2007, they have not sent anything to a landfill. Through FTVS’ efforts, they have also been able to build strong relationships with some wonderful non-profit organizations. Here are a few of their most recent donations:
- Habitat for Humanity has received set dressing, props and wardrobe from several projects. These items are sold in the Habitat store, and the profits are used toward buying the materials needed for builds.
- LA Women’s Shelter received wardrobe and furniture from our wrapped shows. The wardrobe was used by the women who live at the shelter, and the furniture was used around the office and in the main living spaces.
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles has received furniture.
- Housing Works in NYC received over 12,000 books.
- Brooklyn School of Collaborative Studies received over 700 Children and Young Adult books for their in house library.
- World Vision received furniture for their satellite office in NYC.
- Build IT GREEN NYC received a variety of items for their GREEN warehouse in New York.